Nothing is as best as a bowl of Matcha to give you energy and boost your mood. In cafes I always like to have a big cup of Matcha latte to revive my energy. Be it a latte or just a simple bowl of warm Matcha, whatever way you drink it, it is just awesome. The deep mossy green slightly bitter tea is a wonder. Originated from China later popularized in Japan, now Matcha tea is a favorite in all over the world. Matcha is made from the same tea leaves as Gyokuro, hence it has that Umami kick after every sip.
These days Matcha powder is mixed with ice cream, cake and many other desserts and food. I am not sure about all that, but I think a glass of Matcha Latte is great. Very soon I will do a Matcha Latte session for the blog however for now I am keeping it simple, just a bowl of simple Matcha tea.
Though it is a simple Matcha tea, but it requires few utensils to make a perfect bowl. I love the entire Matcha tea making ceremony. You need a specific bamboo whisk, bamboo spoon to mix the tea powder with water. You also need a small deep bowl to be able to whisk the tea vigorously enough to have foam in it. Finally my brother managed the tools and here we are with it today.
Making of Matcha tea
- Sift 2 tsp Matcha into a deep small bowl using a small sifter.
- Add a cup of hot water for each spoon. For a perfect cup of tea the water needs to be just under a boil.
- Take a little water and add the tea powder and mix it well into a smooth paste.
- Now add water and whisk vigorously until the tea is frothy.
- Have your perfect bowl of Matcha tea straight from the bowl and enjoy.
Again a big shout to my brother Mishael for the Matcha powder and utensils.
Happy Matcha guys!